Thursday, January 13, 2011

Two Wheels



My little peanut is growing up...and she needs to stop! I keep requesting that she please not get any bigger, but she refuses to oblige with my request! I will be one sad mama when I can no longer pick her up and carry her around, or when she stops walking around the house making up stories and talking to herself, or when she no longer wants to dress up like a princess all the time. I posted recently that I am finally feeling content with the fact that we will probably not be able to have more children, but that doesn't mean that I am ready to let the ones that I have get any older! I'm feeling myself just wanting to freeze time right where they are.

One example of how she is growing up...she learned how to ride her bike without training wheels! I think our kids got that biking gene from Jay because both of them just took off the first time we put them on their bike without training wheels. Jake never even used training wheels. We got him a bike for his fourth birthday and he has been a natural on it from day one. When he first got the bike, Jay just let him practice a couple of times with the pedals off so that he could get a feel for balancing it but could still put his feet down when he needed to. Then, the pedals went back on and off he went. Addi started with training wheels a while back, simply because she wanted to and I wasn't in any hurry to take them off. But the other day, she decided she wanted to give it a try. And...same thing! Jay took the pedals off for a short time so that she could get the feel of it. Then, the pedals went on, and she took off! I mean, she seriously took off. She's freaking me out! She already thinks that she can come charging down the hill full speed ahead and make sharp turns and keep up with Jake. I can hardly stand to watch because I'm just waiting for her to crash. But, she doesn't. She loves it and thinks she is invincible. Jake's response when she got on and took off was, "That's AMAZING!" And yes, she really is.

Here she is in action... Actually, I'm having some technical difficulties and can't seem to get this video uploaded. I will post it when I can.

Add Video





1 comment: