Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Big 4-0

It's hard to believe, but today is Jay's 40th birthday. If you know him, you know that nobody would ever guess that he's 40. He doesn't look it or act it, although if you ask him, he'll say that he is starting to feel it. His birthday actually marks a sort of 10 year anniversary for us as well because we started dating right before his 30th birthday. In fact, one of our first dates was on his birthday when he took me out to dinner. That does seem a little backwards, I know. But, I certainly wasn't going to pay for the date! :) I was just a wee lass of 22 at the time and had no idea what I was getting myself into! Just kidding. I can honestly say that we have had such an amazing 10 years together and I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful husband. He is truly one of the smartest, most talented people that I have ever known, and he makes me so proud to be his wife. More than that though, he loves me and takes care of me, and is always striving to be better, and I am still so in love with him.

He never likes to make a big deal about himself for birthdays or anything else, and is uncomfortable when anybody does anything for him. But, some of our wonderful friends planned a night out to celebrate him anyway, and it was wonderful! I didn't tell Jay what they were planning until the last minute, because I knew that he would object. But, they took us out and we had a great time. They refused to let his 40th birthday pass by unnoticed, and it really meant a lot to him. And, our neighbors insisted on babysitting for us, so we didn't even have to pay for a babysitter. We just got spoiled with a night out, which is a very rare thing for us. (So rare that I felt like I needed to make a Target run to find a cheap top that would update my outfit a little bit for a night out!)

I, unfortunately, have not done anything to make him feel special today. He even got stuck making breakfast this morning! I know, horrible wife. But, I do actually have plans for him on Saturday (more on that later because he doesn't yet know what they are), so I will try to make up for it then. (If I post any pictures of that, I'm quite certain I will be wearing the same top. Afterall, I didn't buy two tops from Target to try to update my wardrobe!) Here are a couple of pictures of our night out.

Happy birthday, Babydoll!


2 comments:

  1. I love you, Beauty! Thanks for being such a wonderful wife. I am truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to do that more often! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete