Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer is Coming to an End...But I've Got a Plan in Place!

Certain events are marking the end of our summer...for example, Jake had his first soccer practice yesterday. He has been so excited to start back up again, and has been counting down the days. Addi is going to play this year as well, but she's still at the age where she won't have a midweek practice. They will just practice a half hour before their games on Saturday. She's pretty excited to start as well, but for very different reasons. I think that the only thing she really cares about is finding out what color her uniform is going to be. If it doesn't meet her approval, we could have a very long season ahead of us! I mean, what fun is playing soccer if the uniform's not acceptable?



Here is a rare photo of me included in the bunch. I'm NEVER in any pictures because I'm the only one who ever takes the pictures. But, Jay happened to take one of me this time. I have had some complaints that I haven't posted any pregnancy pictures. Unfortunately, due to the way the picture is, you still can't see my belly...just my puffy face and arms! I actually don't think I have one single photo of my pregnant self this time around. I'm going to try to remember to have Jay take a profile shot and post it on here. Just last night he said to me, "Your stomach's getting really big." Gee, imagine that. We've only got about 6 or 7 weeks to go!




We also had an end-of-summer family room campout. We have talked many times lately about trying to take the kids camping, but have just never actually done it. Instead, the kids built a fort in the living room and we all "camped out" in there one night. Needless to say, it was extremely cramped and uncomfortable and we ended up carrying the kids up to their own beds and sleeping in our own bed about halfway through the night. That didn't matter though. They got to fall asleep in their fort and didn't know any different after that.


And, finally, the plan that I have put in place for the Fall...you would laugh at me if you knew the ridiculously insane amount of time that has gone into making this little schedule. It has been an ongoing process this summer that has been visited, re-visited, changed, and color-coded. You would laugh even more if you realized that it will be a miracle if we stick to it for even a week (a new baby certainly won't make my schedule any easier to stick to either). I think I have mentioned though that I'm great at planning, and not so great at follow-through. Here is my goal for our fall schedule though.



I have named our first official day of school to be Monday, August 29th. So, come mid-September there will probably be a post about how my much toiled over schedule has been scrapped. But, we'll see. My personal goal for the school year is FOLLOW-THROUGH!! So, maybe the post will be about how great it is that I have such an awesome, color-coded, toiled-over schedule to stick to!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pics and fun activities!
    Your schedule looks great. I give it a week... hehehe

    ReplyDelete