Monday, August 22, 2011

A New Look

Jake has really been wanting to cut his hair short. He doesn't like it getting in his eyes, and he is obsessed with wanting to be able to spike it. So, after his last haircut (back before the beginning of the summer), we promised him that the next time we took him to get his hair cut, he could get it cut short. And, because of that promise, I've been stalling. His hair definitely started to get way too long for my liking, but I kept putting off taking him to get it cut because I knew that we would lose all of his wonderful blonde curls that I love so much. Really, I don't want us, or our kids, to be focused on looking a certain way, and we try to make a conscience effort to teach our kids that what they look like is not what's important. I'm just used to his curls and knew that he would look like a different kid without them. He's still as cute as ever...but with a whole new look!

Before...




During...




After...





1 comment:

  1. So handsome!!! Now I know what Jack will look like in 5 years from now when he asks to cut his hair;)

    ReplyDelete