Monday, September 13, 2010

Stay Tuned...

Okay, this will be my last post for today. I told you, I will bombard you in the beginning and then you won't hear from me again for weeks! Anyway, we are going to be starting a study of Ancient Egypt, so here are Jake and Addi busy at work on their Egypt salt dough maps. Aubrey is very interested in her cheerios, and not so much in Ancient Egypt salt dough maps. I'm sure if given the opportunity, she would love to see how those taste as well though.


The maps are currently drying and I will post pictures of the finished product once they are painted, so stay tuned for that exciting development! Maybe I will even give you step by step instructions on how to complete this oh-so-fun project for yourself.


We are starting World History with the VERY beginning...Creation. So, they will be studying Genesis through Deuteronomy along with Ancient Egypt. I'm actually really excited to learn history in this way alongside them, where I learn to tie Bible History in with everything going on in the world at the same time. They are also learning American History, of course, and are currently on Columbus. We will be arriving at the pilgrims sometime close to Thanksgiving because, really, what would all those traditional schoolers think of me if I didn't have my kids dress up as pilgrims once Thanksgiving rolls around?!


(actually posted by Kinzi)

No comments:

Post a Comment