Sunday, April 1, 2012

Let's Eat!


Well, Tate is now 6 months old. Should I bother to mention that I really can't believe that he's already halfway to a year old, or is that pretty much a given? I haven't been in any hurry to start feeding him "solids," but now that he's 6 months, I figure it's about time. As you could probably guess though, I won't be following the current popular schedule for introducing foods to babies. We tend to do most things differently around here, from the way we eat, to the way we educate our kids, to our approach to health, to (hopefully) the way we live and spend our money. So, all that to say, no rice cereal for this kid! It's not a good first food, despite what we are usually told. Grains are difficult for anyone to digest when not properly prepared, and especially for babies. So, it's a nutrient rich diet of egg yolks and bananas for Tate's first foods! And so far, he's lovin' it!

No comments:

Post a Comment