Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Stomach Flu, Round 2

We went to Jake's end-of-season soccer party last night. (Side note: I really do not enjoy being team mom. I'm not a party planner and I don't like asking for money for coach's gifts, pizza, etc. I even fretted over how much pizza to order and what variety to order. I need to learn to say no! Maybe I'll figure that out next season, but I doubt it). We knew there might be a problem at the party when Jake did not finish even one piece of pizza. But, he kept playing with the other boys like he was fine. Then, cupcake time came around and Jake didn't want one. At that point, we knew we needed to get out of there. Fortunately (for Tate and me!), we had taken two cars to the party because Jay met us there after work. Jake, of course, wanted to ride home with Jay. When he got in the car, he told Jay that he wasn't feeling well, and Jay asked him repeatedly if he felt like he needed to throw up, but he kept saying no. Jay told him to be sure to tell him right away if he felt like he needed to, and he would pull the car over. Right as they were about to turn down the street to our house, Jake declared that he did need to throw up. As Jay attempted to pull over, Jake proceeded to throw up all over the car, and I do mean ALL OVER.

So now we're feeling great about the fact that we just exposed 8 other boys and their families to the stomach flu...some of whom are about to be traveling to visit family for Thanksgiving. I can be thankful for a couple of things though: 1) Jake lasted until we left the party. It was at our the coach's house and I don't even know what I would have done if he had thrown up all over their beautiful home and furniture. I honestly would have died. 2) Tate and I were in a separate car at the time of the projectile vomiting. 3) I got home about a half an hour after they did because I had to sit in the car and feed Tate before we left, so Jay had already gotten the worst of the car cleaned up by the time I got home. Poor Jay. Dealing with vomit is not his strong suit, but he handled it well.

This is what I saw when I pulled into the driveway. In spite of the fact that I felt really badly that Jay was having to clean everything up, it was a little funny to see him like this!



And here's what I saw when I came in the house. Poor little guy handled it so well though. He proceeded to throw up a few more times after that, but was so tough about it. He hardly complained at all. We've discovered that he's much tougher about the big things than the little things!




No comments:

Post a Comment