Monday, November 14, 2011

6 Weeks

I can't believe that Tate has hit the 6 week mark. I know that you always hear everybody say how fast things go, but it's so true. I can't believe how big he is already. My friend, Katie, just had her baby and we went over there to see him last night. The difference between her newborn (who was 10 pounds, by the way!) and Tate was huge. Tate looked like he was about twice the size already. I'm pretty sad about that, but very happy about this...



He has started giving us little smiles! I know the picture is fuzzy, but it's the only one that I've been able to catch of him smiling. I was horrible about writing anything down with Jake and Addi, so I don't remember when they started smiling. Hopefully I'll keep better track with Tate now that I'm recording things on the blog. I love that he's getting a little more responsive. He's also getting to where he's not quite so needy and will hang out in the swing or will just lay on his own for a while without constantly needing to be held. I'm waiting for that to kick in for naps. He still does not want to nap when I lay him down AT ALL. He can be sound asleep, but will wake up immediately when set down. He's doing better with it at night, so I'm waiting for it to happen during the day as well. So far, no luck there.









In other news, the stomach flu has made an appearance here. So far, Addi has been the lucky recipient and I'm waiting for it to make the rounds through everybody else. It made for a really fun night last night. I alternated between nursing tate, cleaning up puke, washing sheets, and comforting Addi. Not a lot of sleeping took place! It seemed that just as I would put Tate down after feeding him and have just fallen back to sleep, Addi would be crying and I'd have more to clean up. I'm just praying that Tate doesn't catch it. Here's what Addi looks like today...


And, just because it's funny, and a very typical "Addi look"...


1 comment:

  1. It's killing me that I can't hold that little guy! So much greatness. Love and miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete