Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pink Pandas and Fireballs

Jake and Addi each had their first soccer game over the weekend. Addi got both of her wishes for soccer - she got a pink uniform, and her friend Kenzie is on her team. So, we should have a successful season ahead of us. They decided that they are going to be the Pink Pandas.




Jake somehow managed to end up with the EXACT same color of bright orange uniform that he had last year. Last year, his team name was Fireball Pumpkins. This year, they are simply, The Fireballs.



I couldn't believe it, but I had to miss Addi's very first game of the season. It happened that the games were both at the same time, and they are played in two different locations. So, Jay and I had to split up. Addi got to choose who would be there for her very first game, and that was, of course, a no-brainer. Jay would go with her, and I would go with Jake. I loved getting to be there for Jake, but I was also really disappointed to miss Addi's first game. Jay said that she was super cute out there though, running around and going after the ball. She was very excited because they won 4-1. They are supposed to have a half hour practice before the game, and then a half hour game, but apparently they had to call the game a little early because all the girls were too worn out!

Jake's team, on the other hand, lost the game 4-0. He was not happy about that. They each have to take turns sitting out a quarter, and Jake happened to be sitting out in the very first quarter when three of the goals were scored. He was very frustrated by this and said to me, "I need to be out there!" Yes, because THAT would have made all the difference in the world.

I also somehow ended up as Team Mom for both of the kids' teams. Nobody else was volunteering, and I figured that I was capable of putting together a snack schedule and planning a couple of pizza parties at the end of the season. I was then informed by my neighbor, Sarah, that for Addi's team, that meant that I also needed to make and provide matching bows/ribbons for all the girls on her team...because apparently ALL the little girls teams wear matching hair bows. So, the cute ribbons you see in the photo below in Addi's hair...nope, not my handiwork. Sarah did them for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment