Sunday, September 4, 2011

4 Weeks To Go!


Well, we are finally in the homestretch...only 4 more weeks until the due date. Here is my one maternity photo to commemorate the entire 9 month pregnancy. I told Jay that I needed to have at least one pregnant picture of myself, and since I had actually dried my hair and it wasn't a mess or in a ponytail for about the first time in a month, I figured it would be a good day for one. Since my swollen feet and ankles are not captured in the photo, it's not a true representation of what I'm really looking like these days. I am always fortunate enough to get the big balloon ankles right around this time of the pregnancy and they stick with me right up until the end. Other than that though, and some pretty painful heartburn, I don't have too much to complain about. I'm still feeling really well overall and getting more and more excited for little Tate to arrive. Yes, I'm pretty certain that we have settled on the name Tate (no middle name yet). Jay and the kids have been calling him that for months, not wanting to consider any other options. I have been the one holding out, saying that I just wasn't yet convinced that that was the name. They talk about "Tate" all the time though, and it's so cute. I just can't switch it up on them at this point. And don't get me wrong, I love the name too. Plus, I happened to look up the meaning and it means, "He who brings happiness." I love that. Jay loves the fact that he already has a million nicknames for him, like "Tater Tot," "Po-tater," "Little Man Tate," etc.

We have done absolutely nothing to prepare for his arrival though. His room was pink until yesterday and actually probably would have stayed that way for quite some time, but Jake and Addi felt strongly that baby Tate's room needed to be baby blue. I threw out some other ideas, but they were convinced that a baby boy needed a baby blue room. We love that they are so excited and want to be so involved, so we took them to Lowe's and let them decide together on the perfect shade of blue. And then, we had them paint the room. Seriously. They painted Tate's room. Jay taped everything off and did all the edges and corners, but they mostly did the walls themselves and loved getting to be involved.






So now, the room is painted, and I suppose it's about time for me to start washing some blankets and onesies, getting some diapers to have on hand, pulling the stroller out, etc. Neither Jake or Addi came early, so I'm just kind of assuming that I won't be early this time either and that I have at least a few weeks to get things done. I'm sure the time will fly by and I just can't wait for this new little one to arrive. Last night, I was frustrated because I couldn't sleep at all. But, as I was laying there awake watching my stomach as Tate was doing some sort of gymnastics routine in there, I was again thinking about what a miracle he is and how amazing our God is. He has created this little life and allowed him to grow inside of me, and I am so incredibly grateful for that blessing and privilege.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for baby Tate! His room looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete