Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer Happenings

Besides our trip to TN last month, we've had a pretty mellow summer. Jay has taken the kids on a couple of little camping trips now that they have LOVED. We have decided that we definitely want to be a camping family. For the time being though, it will have to be Jay and the older ones doing the camping while I hang out with the little guys. (Yes, that was plural. I don't think that I've mentioned it here, but I am, in fact, already pregnant again. Life is going to get especially crazy come the end of January when we have a not-quite-16 month old, and a newborn! More on that another time though.) The last camping trip was just a boys trip, so Addi and Tate and I hung out and had some time together. We went for tea one afternoon because Addi thought it would be a good idea to do something "girly" while the boys were away. We've been to trying to get to the beach and the lake whenever we can, but haven't made it as much as last summer. It's a little different this year now that we're back to baby restrictions and nap times. We're not quite as foot loose and fancy free!

Now I'm focused on getting us ready to start school again. I spend my evenings trying to plan out our strict schedule that we will never adhere to. But, I do it anyway. I figure that I have to start out especially organized this year, so that come January when there's another baby, I will feel like we've got school things under control and running smoothly. The kids are starting back up with soccer this week and we are planning on starting our first day back to school on the 29th, the same day that Jay starts back teaching at Biola. So, we're beginning to get a little more structure back into our days.

Tate is still doing awesome. He's got the army crawl down, which is pretty funny to watch. I don't know why he won't get up on his knees, but he manages to drag himself around just fine. He's a happy kid. He definitely doesn't like to be too far from me, but I can't say that I blame him! :)






 Well, he's usually a happy kid! 


















My birthday was in July, and the kids and Jay framed this, "10 Things We Love About Mommy." They took turns coming up with each thing and writing it out. Addi's are the purple ones, Jake's are the red ones, and Jay's are the blue ones. I loved it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment