Saturday, October 8, 2011

Week One With Little Tater Tot

I'm sure that for a while my blog posts will consist mostly of pictures of an adorable, newborn baby. Because, really, who wouldn't want to see that?...Especially THIS adorable, newborn baby. :) There will probably be pictures of Tate stretching, far different, of course, than the ones of him yawning; pictures of him laying on his belly, not to be confused with the ones of him laying on his back. In this post, I'm even throwing in a picture of him praying. Yes, he is a very spiritual child already, evidenced by the picture I snapped of him when he was hanging out in the sling, looking up to heaven with his hands folded, obviously in prayer.

I will try to throw in the occasional story here and there, such as this one...When Jake first saw me nursing Tate, he did not quite know what to think. He looked very confused and said, "What in the world are you doing?" I explained that this is how I feed him. Addi then proceeded to lift up her shirt and ask me if she could please try feeding him next. Needless to say, they were a little confused.

The first week has been wonderful and I am completely smitten with the little guy. It's amazing how much more relaxed we are now with baby #3. There is definitely far less stress involved. When we first brought Jake home 7 years ago, I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Every little thing seemed so major and, therefore, stressful. We lightened up a lot with Addi, and now this time, things seem even more relaxed. Don't get me wrong, I have had moments of stress and feeling overwhelmed this week when Tate is screaming and Jake is needing something and Addi is needing something else, but overall, I have really just been in heaven loving on this little guy. I can't get enough of him.

Here are some pictures from his first week.
















2 comments:

  1. You crack me up! And he really is THE cutest little thing (for at least another month!).

    ReplyDelete