Thursday, July 28, 2011

Spoiled

My birthday was a couple of days ago. We don't usually do many gifts or anything like that for birthdays or special days, but this year I felt quite spoiled. No one else will actually care about the details of my day, but, as I've said before, I like to record things here to remember them for myself. So, read it or skip it...but you won't find it exciting. It actually started last week when I received a present in the mail...that I had ordered for myself!



You can all laugh at me now, but you won't be laughing when I "cellercise" my cellulite away! :) I've been wanting this mini-trampoline for a while, but...1) didn't want to spend the money on it 2) Jay thought it was the dumbest idea ever, and 3) Jay reminded me that I have other exercise equipment that doesn't get used. I wore him down though and he eventually gave in and said that I could get it. So, I ordered it and called it my birthday present. Now if I don't end up using it a lot, I will NEVER hear the end of it.

Then, Jay arranged for my parents to babysit the kids one night over the weekend (their gift to me!) so that we could go out to dinner. We don't do date nights very often, and our last one a couple of months ago didn't go so well, so it was really nice to have a nice night out together. One of the best things about it was that Jay arranged it instead of me. It's just nice to have someone else plan something for you. Plus, we had a gift certificate to use at the restaurant so the night didn't cost us anything. And if you know me, you know that that automatically makes the night a hundred times better!

Then, the day before my birthday, I got a card in the mail from my in-laws with a gift for me to go "pamper myself," which I will certainly take advantage of. And finally, my actual birthday was a really nice day. I got up and went swimming in the morning and when I walked back to my car, there was coffee and a muffin waiting for me that Jay and the kids had left in there. Such a nice surprise! Then, I came home and the kids gave me their cards and presents. Presents from the kids consist of them finding things of their own around the house and wrapping them up and giving them. I made quite a haul. I think I got some silly bands, a plastic tea set, a deck of cards, a bracelet, and a few other odds and ends.

After that, my neighbor took me for a manicure and pedicure which was so thoughtful of her and a really nice treat. And THEN...when I got home, Jay had washed my car for me and he and the kids had gone and bought me a new swimsuit and goggles for swimming laps. I've been trying to swim at least a couple of times a week for exercise and the suit that I swim in is basically coming apart. It might have something to do with the fact that I have stretched it beyond it's capacity, seeing as how I'm still wearing the same swimsuit at 7 months pregnant that I was wearing pre-pregnancy. Not to mention, I couldn't really actually see out of the goggles that I had because they were so scratched up, but they did keep the water out of my eyes. There was also a card in the mail from my sister. If you know my family, you know that we don't do cards and sentiment and things like that. I don't know why, we just don't. It's not "our way." Getting the card really made my day though and actually caused me to think, "That was really nice. I should start sending cards to people." Don't hold your breath though, because it won't actually happen. I just had the thought.

We then just hung out the rest of the day and grabbed a bite to eat with the kids that night.

Great day!!

2 comments:

  1. Ahem.... you forgot your Nativity set bought and brought to you with love straight from Bethlehem.... :) Glad it was such a special day for you, Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just add "Get in Shape Girl" Ribbon twirling and you will be a regular triathlete.

    ReplyDelete