Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Safe Families at ROCKHARBOR

In a recent post, I shared a little bit about our experience with Safe Families. I mentioned that our church is getting involved with this organization and that our pastor had asked us to briefly share with everyone a little bit about our experience. The hope is that others will be encouraged to get involved when they hear stories of those who have done so. So, this past Sunday we stood up front and spoke for a few minutes. My husband is a great public speaker but I, on the other hand, thought I was going to throw up. Fortunately, I did not. I did have to pass the microphone off to him at one point though when I started blubbering and couldn't go on! The woman who is interviewing us, Wendy McMahon, along with her husband Tim, is going to be heading up the Safe Families ministry at Rock Harbor, and they are amazing. They are the resident experts in foster care (she used to work for Olive Crest) and they have adopted two children themselves.

Someone recorded the interview and put it on YouTube, so I thought I would post it here so that you could also see a bit of our story and maybe be encouraged to get involved as well.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! You were and continue to be the hands and face of God in her life. How neat to be used in that way:)

    ReplyDelete