Friday, May 6, 2011

Future Top Chef

Well, since yesterday I posted about our future songwriter, I thought that today I would post about our future chef (actually, Jake has many, many things that he says he wants to be when he grows up, and a chef is not on the list, but I'm pretty impressed with his egg-making skills!). Breakfast is the one meal that Jay sometimes makes, and when he does, the kids love to help him. His specialties are eggs and pancakes. He has gradually passed more and more of the egg-making responsibilities over to Jake, and he can now make eggs, from start to finish, entirely on his own. I think that's a pretty impressive 6-year-old skill, and one that he never would have learned from me. I would be too nervous the whole time about him using the stove on his own, but luckily for him, Jay allows him to venture out a little more than I do. I have instructed him, however, that one of us has to at least be present while he cooks - no surprising us with breakfast all on his own...yet. I'm hoping that Jay hasn't told him anything different!









1 comment: