Tuesday, April 19, 2011

16 Weeks and Counting

I had my 16 week checkup on Monday, and things are still going well. The only thing we cared about going into the appointment was hearing the heartbeat again, and we heard it loud and clear! We are now debating whether or not we should find out if it's a boy or girl at the next appointment. We didn't find out with Jake or Addi, and if Jay had his way, we wouldn't find out this time either. We have loved the anticipation of waiting until the baby is actually born, but I think I want to find out this time. One of my main reasons for wanting to know is so that the kids can have a few months to prepare for it - especially Addi. She is absolutely convinced that it's a girl and is going to be extremely disappointed if it's not. I'd rather her have a few months to get used to the idea of a baby brother, if it's a boy.

She has been so cute about the whole thing though. We told her a couple of weeks ago that the baby could hear now, and so she talks to my belly constantly. She gets really close and loudly says things like, "Hi Baby, whatcha doin' in there?" and "Are you hungry, Baby? Mommy's having tacos. Does that sound good?" She makes sure she says good morning to the baby when she gets up everyday, and good night every night. She told me yesterday that she thinks that the baby is going to know her very well when she comes out since she talks to her all the time. It's all very cute. I love how excited they continue to be and am hoping that the excitement doesn't fade once the baby is actually here!

No comments:

Post a Comment